Saturday 25 August 2018

Ear piece curve modified



As I mentioned in my last post the ear piece curve edge toward the visor needed to be changed. In the originals it simply doesn't fit perfectly so there's a slight gap you can see the face side leds through in some scenes.


The rubber lip hides this in most angles but not all.

Perhaps this is intentional to not have the helmet fully airtight (for safety reasons), perhaps they just didn't have time to get the edges to meet perfectly, who knows. But it's not a perfect fit, so I'm making mine the same way.

Gap shown


Doing that, the middle rivet lines up as it should, not quite straight with the edge of the wedge plate but close to it.
I may end up adjsting the edge toward the visor to an even larger gap but to see what it looks like I probably have to 3D-print parts and try fitting them to the IRL helmets I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here: