Tuesday 4 September 2018

Preparing to print

First I added miniature 0,5 mm flutings to facilitate press fit of certain parts, this especially works well with circular insert ends on filament printed parts.



I'm now finished with the 3D-models and I've exported them as STL-files which is a polygon format my print preparation program Z-suite can handle.

I positioned the model within the print space and so that only the very minimum of support structure is needed.

I've set the print to solid fill, 0,09 mm layer thickness and fine print and to add 0,1 mm to holes (the model shrinks compared to and I want the plugs to fit snugly but not press in at absolute same measure as the holes.

Then I added support structure (gray area under the model seen below) by choosing 40 degree support angle and it's generated by the program.



The Z-suite comes with the printer and is a very easy to work with tool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here: