Friday 7 September 2018

Ordering stickers

Today I ordered the stickers that go on the helmet

The patch graphics have helpfully been posted previously on Steve Ricks Blog on making the Space suit
I used these most excellent graphics for the patches to size and order my stickers for the helmet.
Thank you Steve! :)



First I decided the dimensions by adding the photos I had of them into the 3D model. The "square" sticker is supposed to fit on the flat space just under the lantern lens glass, the round sticker diameter looks about half the width of the lower reinforcement rib plate.

(Note that I coludn't cut the graphics clean so both are sharp cornered squares here, the real stickers will be figure cut to the black border)

This gave me the follwoing dimensions 26 x11 mm and Diameter 18 mm respectively.



Then I ordered vinyl stickers from stickerapp.se.
It was expensive for these custom sizes and shapes but hopefully worth it, to be sure I had enough I orderd 3 helmet sets (12 of the 26x11 and 6 of the D18).
Ordering from stickerapp.se they add a 0,4 mm wide white border as minimum that I'll cut away myself so the measures became 26,8 x 11,8 and D18,8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here: